On this page, we'll explore several reasons why people join the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce!
Firstly, we tactfully promote change that improves business, benefits our community, and improves our economy so Members can focus on growing their business.
Secondly, our team monitors, tracks and advocates in local, state and federal levels of government and engages lawmakers about the impact government decisions have on your business. Because of this, your Chamber membership keeps you abreast of the latest legislative issues and in-the-fight for a better business environment in Illinois.
As a result of being a Chamber Member, you can attend local Town Halls with elected officials and have access to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and Illinois Chamber of Commerce websites.
- Online business profile that puts you in front of 800 Members and over 12,000 web visitors per month
- Constant Contact Chamber Start-Up Kit - Includes a full list of Chamber Members provided in Microsoft Excel format - free once annually
- Membership plaque and Chamber Member Sticker (New Members)
- Ribbon Cutting/Grand Opening Event - publicized in Northwest Herald and on Chamber Social Media
- Members-only referrals to community members
- 2'x4' banner from FastSigns - complimentary for New Members
- Access to Member Info Hub on Chamber website allowing you continuous control of your profile, referral data, Member-to-Member discounts, press releases and more
- Your Business Cards and brochures offered to the public at Chamber office lobby
- SenText - Texting notification of Chamber events
- Business profile in the Crystal Lake Community Guide (9,000 Community Guides distributed within the Crystal Lake community – available to Members and Non-Members)
- Access to exclusive email, website, and social media Member advertising opportunities
- Discount at Office Depot
Included in your Chamber membership, you can immediately post a promotion or sale you have in the Local Savings section of our website.
You can explore the various Member to Member discounts offered to Chamber Members only. You can also post your discounts to encourage sales and promotions.
New & renewing members receive an Excel spreadsheet of our membership list (once at sign-up + once annually at time of renewal), including Business Names, Addresses, Phone, Email, Contact Names, etc.
All Chamber Members receive a 25% discount for Constant Contact and we provide a Constant Contact Email Marketing Kit that shows you how to import our membership list and start emailing prospects. After you get your membership list, sign up for Constant Contact. Once you do this, you'll be able to create professional email campaigns (while saving money).
Ways to Engage
Referral groups meet on a regular weekly basis on different days and times. Groups of businesses refer new business to each other. Because of the structure of our referral groups, there is one business category per referral group.
To join a group, you must be a member in good standing with the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce. There is an annual fee of $50 per business. Some groups may charge additional quarterly fees. Please contact the group Chair for information and to determine what business categories are open for membership.
Visitors are welcome to attend network meetings so feel free to contact the chairperson directly or call the Chamber: 815.459.1300.
Join one of the committees that put on our events. This is a great way to meet people and be a part of our Chamber. As a result of our volunteer committee members, our events are consistently improving. We hold Annual Events like our Golf Classic, our Annual Dinner, the Home and Business Expo, and so much more.
Check out the Young Professionals or the Women Empowering Women groups for their regular meeting schedules and upcoming events. While each group has its own distinct audience, there is always something excitinggoing on. Both groups are a great way to meet people your age or who have the same interests.
- Schedule your ribbon cutting or mixer - these are great opportunities to introduce (or re-introduce) your business to the community, in addition to being an overall effective marketing tool. Your event will be shared on the Chamber's social media, as well as sent to the Northwest Herald.
- Free use of Boardroom and Conference Room (subject to availability) 24/7 WiFi provided free - Boardroom features video conferencing and seating for up to 20. This is available as soon as your application is approved.
- Connect with active current and potential Members in one of the most popular events hosted by Members for Members – the Business After Hours. Business After Hours is an ideal way to gain immediate high exposure of a business to our Membership and the community; 75 guests on average.
- Members in Motion Annual Networking Event
- Regular Networking Meetings - Offered in person and via Zoom or GotoMeeting - 6 Different Strong Contact Networking Groups
- Women Empowering Women: A female networking extension of the Chamber is a great way to connect with peers while gaining access to great programming. Events range from after-hour socials to network breakfasts; 75 – 100 guests
- Young Professionals (YP): Connect with professionals from ages 21-45 through monthly programs. A great way to build your network and connections.
The Chamber regularly holds Mixers at local businesses to highlight their establishment and encourage networking among local business owners. We also schedule and hold Mixers jointly with other local Chambers bringing more business people together supporting each other. If you would like to host a mixer, please contact us.
We hold Networking Scrambles both in-person and virtually. Our recent Members in Motion Networking Scramble was held entirely virtually. During the event, attendees will meet the mathematical maximum number of people possible (in a meaningful manner); each table of 6 will rotate every 30 minutes. Attendees number from 15 to 85.
Business Builders luncheons bring Speakers to our business leaders in a casual lunch setting. Attendees can bring their own lunch; however, sometimes we order in - this will be made known ahead of time. Topics vary but are focused on relevant business issues. Come join us!
Out 2 Lunches encourage networking among local business leaders while supporting local restaurants at the same time. These casual events are a great way to meet new people and try a new restaurant too. Out 2 Lunches are held every other month, opposite Business Builders. In other words, make sure you mark your calendars each month for a lunch with the Chamber!
Ways to Promote Your Business
- Member Info Hub integrates directly with the Chamber website allowing continuous control of your profile, referral data, Member-to-Member discounts, press releases, and advertising
- Maximize your search with keywords to make your business the top of the search query - these should be the same keywords you use on your business' website
- Increased SEO weight brings Chamber Members to the top of internet searches
- Online business profile that puts you in front of 800 members and over 12,000 page views per month (per Google Analytics) - as the largest Chamber in McHenry County, you can build out your profile as much as you'd like!
- Access to exclusive email, website, and social media content. This occurs as soon as your application is approved.
- Member advertising opportunities
- Our advertising pricing is some of the lowest in McHenry County. Since our website routinely sees an excess of 12,000 page views per month, you can have confidence that you're putting your money to good use.
- Community Events Calendar: Post your special events, meetings, or community involvement FREE through your Member Info Hub
- Local Savings & Member to Member Discounts: Provide special savings opportunities to customers and to other Chamber Members through your Member Info Hub on our site at no charge
- Press Releases: Submit releases through your Member Info Hub to be featured on the Member News webpage and inside our monthly e-newsletter, “Connections”
- Career Hub: Post job openings or your resume if you are a candidate on the search through your Member Info Hub
The Chamber offers many advertising opportunities for businesses of all sizes. You can advertise your company in our Connections business magazine, on our website, on Facebook and other social media using text, images or video. Click here for advertising rates or contact us for more information at 815.459.1300..
When you choose to sponsor a Chamber event or program, you are letting the community know that you support the Chamber's mission and the programs we offer. It also puts your company's name and logo in front of many other business leaders who may be interested in your products or services. This is an extremely economical way to put your company out in front.
Click here for Sponsorship Opportunities.
Professional and Personal Development
- Subscription to our monthly e-newsletter, "Connections” which provides the latest business-centered news keeping you on top of upcoming events, legislative issues, membership updates, as well as tips, tricks, and hot topics
- Leaders in Action Education Series (additional fee) taught by Local Business and Industry Leaders
- Utilize SCORE business mentor website.
- School District 155 Career Internship Program Partner
- McHenry County College Career Internship and Apprenticeship Program Partner
- Access to valuable Out-2-Lunch programs designed for business and professional development
- Business Builders: Monthly programs provide Members with respected speakers that address the topical, timely business subject matters that impact Members most
- Women Empowering Women: Regular high-quality speakers that speak to a wide array of topics including leadership, life balance, business management, the psychology of success and more
Leaders in Action - Education Series is a 8-10 week course for both Personal and Professional Development. (Offered at an additional fee)
Business Builders luncheons bring Speakers to our business leaders in a casual lunch setting. Attendees can bring their own lunch or sometimes we order in. Topics vary but are focused on relevant business issues. Come join us!
All Chamber Members have access to SCORE's SBA Consulting and Education Series, available online.