Accepting applications for the position of
President of the Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce
Full time (minimum 40 hours per week), salary range $60,000 - $80,000 plus benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY: The position is responsible for, but not limited, to the following:
- Functions as the chief spokesperson for the Chamber; effectively represents the Crystal Lake Chamber and the Crystal Lake area to all businesses, press, related organizations and the general public in accordance with Chamber positions, policy and mission.
- Is aware of Chamber and community needs and takes action when necessary to ensure a positive relationship exists between the Chamber, local businesses, local governments, and the community.
- Provides insights, recommends actions and proposes strategies to the Board of Directors in dealing with internal and external affairs of the Chamber that are supportive of the Chamber’s mission.
- Provides leadership and professional assistance to volunteer leaders in fulfilling their Chamber role.
- Trains, coaches and empowers the staff to be effective leaders and decision makers.
- Creates innovative solutions to challenges and opportunities within the Chamber and the community.
- Ensures adequate levels of qualified, productive and customer oriented staff for the Chamber office.
- Manages the financial performance so that membership recruitment and retention as well as activity meets or exceeds targets.
- Markets the Chamber to ensure enrollment, involvement and retention of new and existing members.
- Maintains working relationship with elected and appointed officials of Crystal Lake and McHenry County.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree in business, finance, law, public administration or related field desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years management/leadership experience.
- Experience with a Board and leading large number of volunteers strongly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills are required.
Send packet, including cover letter stating qualifications, interest in the position, resume; and list of three professional references by 1 pm, February 28, 2019 to:
Crystal Lake Chamber Search Committee
c/o Mr. Randy Leggee, Board Chairman
427 W. Virginia Street
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Equal Opportunity Employer